LIU Brooklyn Smoke Free Policy
Effective January 1, 2016 the university will become a smoke-free campus. Smoking or inhaling any tobacco or other substance, by any method, including, but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes, and hookahs is prohibited in the following areas:
- University owned or managed academic, athletic, recreational, and administrative facilities;
- University owned or managed residential facilities, including residence halls;
- University owned and leased vehicles;
- University parking garages and loading docks of university facilities;
- In any university owned outdoor space including, but not limited to, University athletic fields.
- In public space that abuts buildings around campus that are used by the university for academic, athletic, recreational, residential, and administrative purposes;
- Within a minimum of 20 feet of buildings used by the university for academic, athletic, recreational, residential, or administrative purposes.