Summer Teaching With Technology Institute Returns To LIU
LIU's premier event for faculty members to explore technology-enhanced courses returns to LIU Brooklyn and LIU Post from June 25-28, 2012.
Kim Volpe-Casalino,Assistant Vice President for Public Relations
Long Island University,
The Teaching With Technology Institute (TTI), a product of the Teaching & Learning Initiative of LIU, will offer up a compendium of technology-rich educational solutions. Featured over the four-day span of the institute are:
- Yasser Ansari, Martin Ceperley & Peter Horvath
"Building A Digital Butterfly Net for the 21st Century with Project Noah"
- Michael Byrne & Bette Schneiderman
"The 2012 Horizon Report – Emerging Technologies In Higher Education"
- "On the Edge" with Chris League
- "Un-Sessions" – Conference participants present 5-minute "mini" presentations on a teaching and learning topic of choice.
The Teaching & Learning Initiative hosts events throughout the academic year that are designed to bring faculty members together from across the campuses to exchange ideas, to network and to increase their knowledge base. Among them is the annual "Teaching with Technology Institute," where faculty members showcase and design technology-enhanced courses.
Among the topics for the institute, this year titled, "Finding Your Place in the Digital Classroom," are:
LIU Brooklyn, DAY 1 – Monday, June 25
- Using TED Talks to Inform Student Learning
- Adobe Connect for International Teacher Exchange
- Digital Portfolios
- Digital Storytelling
- TEACH Act
- Curating Open Educational Resources
- Trends in Intellectual Property Issues
- Use of blogs and social media for teaching
- IT Resources
LIU Brooklyn, DAY 2 – Tuesday, June 26
- What is SharePoint?
- Using 'Poll Everywhere' to gather data
- Reading & Writing With Technology
- Library Info Literacy/Apps: Resources for Teaching and Learning
- Digital Narrative Projects
- Live Assessment of Pharmacy Student Performance
- Cultivating Citizen Scientists with Mobile Technologies
LIU Post, DAY 3 – Wednesday, June 27
- New Online Teaching Resources Library Guide
- SafeAssign as a Teaching tool
- Powerpoint Alternatives
- BYOD- Bring Your Own Device
- Student iPad Showcase
- Bring Your Own App (BYOA)
- Get the Most Out of Post!
- Optimal Resume and Going Global
- Screencasting Tools
- The 2012 Horizon Report, Higher Education Edition
- The TEACH Act
- Creating a Video Platform for Learning
- Twitter as a Pedagogical Tool
LIU Post, DAY 4 – Thursday, June 28
- Using Rubrics in Blackboard
- Active Learning in the Cloud
- Best Practices for Using Audio and Video
- E-portfolios in Digication
- Online Certificate Program in Mobile GIS App Development
- Sloan-C Resources for Faculty
- Getting the Most Out of PowerPoint
- Education in Game Design
- Blended Learning Showcase
- Augmented Reality iPhone App
- Cutting-edge Visualization Techniques for Big Data
- On the Edge with Chris League
The Institute features open lab time throughout.
For registration or more information, visit www.liu.edu/Academic-Affairs/TLI/TTI.
Return to Press Releases