New LIU Mobile App Offers Info on the Go
News, alerts, registration and much more, optimized for iPhone and Android devices
Morgan Lyle,Assistant Director of Public Relations
Long Island University,
Brookville, N.Y. – Long Island University’s new LIU Mobile app puts the latest news, course catalogues, sports updates, campus maps, images and emergency alerts in the palm of the student’s hand.
"This is really an exceptional tool for students to utilize,” said Dr. Nancy Marksbury, Deputy CIO for Information Technology. “With just a tap, students now have course information, sports schedules, and other University information on their mobile devices."
The app, available free at the iTunes app store for Apple devices and Google Play for Android, features:
- Maps - Find out where you are and where you need to go. Leverage Augmented Reality to discover new places on campus.
- Courses - Plan your semester on the go. Browse and search the course catalog, view class times, locations and more.
- Athletics - Stay up to date with LIU Brooklyn and Post athletics. Check schedules, scores, and news for your favorite teams.
- News - Get the latest headlines, and browse and search recent articles to stay on top of the most important campus news.
- Images - Search, browse, download and share images from Long Island University collections.
- Emergency - Access important numbers when you need them. Call to report an emergency or get information from the Long Island University Hotline.
Return to Press Releases