The upper division B.A. in Psychology is open to students who hold associate degrees or have completed approximately 54 credits (freshman and sophomore years) of a liberal arts-based college degree program. Students with an associate degree from Suffolk County Community College may seamlessly transfer into the program. Students transferring from other colleges will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and may be required to complete additional specific course work. Students complete their freshman and sophomore years at a community college or four-year college and their junior and senior years at LIU Brentwood.
- All applicants can apply for admission to LIU Brentwood at My LIU . For a paper application or for more information regarding the application process, visit the Admissions Office home page.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Grade point average of 2.0 or higher, on a 4 point scale is required for application review.
- If you hold a degree from outside the United States your official records of all post-secondary education must be translated by an approved organization such as World Education Services (WES). You may purchase this translation by contacting WES, www.wes.org or telephone at 1-800-937-3895. Request a course-by-course translation with conversion of all grades into a U.S.4- point scale with U.S. degree equivalencies. This translation must be received by the Office of Admissions in an envelope sealed by WES.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required of all applicants whose native language is not English. The TOEFL or IELTS is generally not required of candidates who have studied for at least two years at an accredited high school or post-secondary institution where English is the only method of instruction, unless there is a need for additional evidence of proficiency in English upon review of other academic credentials. The minimum TOEFL score for admission: 71 Internet-based score (197 computer based, 527 paper-based score) or minimum IELTS score for admission: 6.0 (effective Spring 2012).
Please address all application materials to:
Office of Admission
Michael J. Grant Campus
1001 Crooked Hill Road
Brentwood, NY 11717
Or, fax the documents to: 631-287-8575
Any questions please call the Admissions Office at 631-287-8500