The Therapy Pool is a private facility located within Long Island University’s Brooklyn Campus Wellness, Recreation and Athletics Center (WRAC). The state-of-the-art HydroWorx® 2000 8’ x 16’ therapeutic pool features:
• Elevating floor to allow for easy access and varied water levels
• Underwater treadmill with variable speed up to 8.5 mph
• Underwater video camera and viewing monitors to observe body’s alignment/movement
• Body weight-support harness system
• Adjustable temperature control (usually kept between 90-94 degrees)
• Jets that propel water and can be used to resist movement/challenge a person’s balance
You can also view our Aquatic Physical Therapy brochure (PDF) for more information.
Therapy Pool featured on Brooklyn Independent Television's In the Zone.
Video from Brooklyn Independent Television, a community media program of BRIC Arts | Media | Bklyn.