English summer Institute
Welcome to LIU Brooklyn’s English Summer Institute...
If you’re an in-coming Brooklyn Campus freshman for the Fall semester, you are invited to our FREE, not-for-credit, dynamic English Summer Institute!
For students who place into English 13/13x or 14/14x, we can prepare you for your upcoming fall semester English class and give you a chance to re-take your English Placement Exam.
Devote four weeks in the summer to sharpening your skills in writing and reading comprehension:
- Join small class groups taught by exciting instructors
- Be a part of a writers’ community that values process, revision and creativity
- Become familiar with the Brooklyn campus and all its resources
- Retake the English Placement Exam and possibly score into a more advanced English class
- Learn computer skills necessary for today’s college student
- Have fun and form friendships that will last your entire college experience
Our ESI instructional team offers students great expertise from its wealth of experience as writers, professors, graduate students and world travelers. Our ESI team members represent many aspects of our diverse campus. Together, we are dedicated to ensuring that you have the most enriching summer, laying the foundation for a positive college experience!
ESI typically runs Tuesdays through Thursdays, for four (4) weeks in the month of July. We have both morning (9:30am - 12:00noon) and evening (6:00-8:00pm) sections.
Registration begins each May.