The Children’s Academy @LIUBKSCS
Phone 718.488.1364 Fax 718.488.1367 Email ChildrensAcademy@liu.edu Web www.LIU.edu/childrensacademy
The LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds Sports Camp is proud to boast our borough’s best NCAA Division I athletics program and its camps for children ages seven to fourteen. Our one-week camps in baseball, basketball, flag football, soccer, strength and conditioning, and swimming are staffed by LIU coaches and NCAA Division I athletes. These camps offer young players the opportunity to excel in specific athletic pursuits.
Detailed Program Information -- Please click below for more information on the Children’s Academy summer 2017 Sports Camp offerings.
Application and Forms -- To attend the Children’s Academy summer 2017 Sports Camp, please download the below two forms, complete and then submit them via email, ChildrensAcademy@liu.edu.
The first download is an application that is to be completed by the attending child(ren)’s parent/ guardian. Please complete and submit the application as soon as possible (directions to submit are on the form). The second download is the Child Health Form required by the NYC DOE and DOH. This form must be completed by the child’s primary care pediatrician and submitted to us no later than two weeks before camp start. Any application without an accompanying Child Health Form will be put on hold until all paperwork is received.
Open House -- Please come to one of our upcoming open houses. Faculty will be on hand to discuss specific Blackbirds Sports Camps, including: baseball, basketball, flag football, soccer, strength and conditioning, and swim. All open house dates will be meeting in the Pratt Building Lobby from 11am to 1pm.
- Saturdays -- January 28 -- February 25 -- April 1 -- 2017
- Pratt Building Lobby, 11am - 1pm.
- 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn NY 11201 (corner of Flatbush and DeKalb Avenues)
Summer 2017 Blackbirds Sports Camps -- There will be eight sports camps for summer 2017. Each camp starts at 8.30am and ends at 3.30pm and will be taking place entirely on LIU’s athletic facilities. An extended day option is also available upon request. Please note that Sports Camps are designed for 7 year olds up to children just leaving the 8th grade. The one exception; boys applying to basketball camp must be just leaving the 6th grade, no younger than 7 years old.
- Baseball Camp is 5 days long, from June 26 - 30 for $350.
- Basketball Camp is 5 days long, from August 14 - 18 for $350.
- Flag Football Camp is 3 days long, from July 5 - 7 for $210.
- Soccer Camp will happen twice: for 3 days from July 5 - 7 for $210, and for 5 days from July 17 - 21 for $350.
- Strength and Conditioning Camp is 5 days long, from July 31 - August 4 for $350.
- Swim Camp is 3 days long, from July 5 - 7 for $300
Discounts -- Discounts are subject to verification.
- LIU Discount -- If you are LIU faculty, staff, or alumni, take 10% off the total tuition.
- Multiple Camp Discount -- If signing up for more than one camp, take 10% off the total tuition.
ALL DOWNLOADS -- Find all downloadable documents from this page below.