Dr. Anna M. Acee, EdD, ANP-BC, PMHNP-BC
Associate Professor of Nursing
B.S., New York University, N.Y., N.Y.M.A., New York University, N.Y., N.Y.EdD, Columbia University, N.Y., N.Y.
Post-Master’s Certification, Adult Health Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
Post-Master’s Certification, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
Psychiatric Mental Health, Adult Health, Health promotion & education
- Acee, A. “Diabetes, Depression and OASIS-C: A guide for home healthcare clinicians. Published in Home Healthcare Nurse,”
- Acee, A. “Type 2 Diabetes and Vascular Dementia: Assessment and clinical strategies of care,” Published in MEDSURG Nursing.
- Acee, A. & Fahs, M. “Can treating depression improve diabetic management?” Published in The Nurse Practitioner.
- Acee, A. & Sharoff, L.”Herbal remedies, mood & cognition,” Published in The Journal of Holistic Nursing Practice.
- Acee, A. “Detecting and Managing Depression in Type II Diabetes: PHQ-9 is the Answer!” Published in MEDSURG Nursing.
- Griffin-Sobel, J., Acee, A., Sharoff, L., Cobus, L., Woodstock-Wallace, A. & Dornbaum, M. “A Transdisciplinary Approach to Faculty Development in Nursing Education Technology,” Published in, Nursing Education Perspectives.
Lectures and Presentations
- Presenter, “Holistic Nursing Practice,” Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing, Annual Spring Forum (2007).
- Presenter, “Healthy Aging: Balancing BodyMindSpirit,” The Jewish Board of Family & Children’s Services (2008).
- Presenter, “A Transdisciplinary Approach to Implementing Educational Technology into Nursing.” Rutgers College, 26th Annual International Approach to Implementing Educational Technology into Nursing, (2008).
- Presenter, “A Holistic Approach to Aging,” The Jewish Board of Family & Children’s Services (2009).
- Presenter, “Diabetes & Depression,” The Jewish Board of Family & Children’s Services (2009).
- Presenter, “Integration of Simulation into an Undergraduate Nursing Curriculum Education,” 2nd International Conference and Exhibit, Royal College of Nursing, Glasgow, Scotland (2009).
- Presenter, “Diabetes & Depression in Hispanics at a Community Health Center,” The 34th Annual National Association of Hispanic Nurses Conference (2009).
- Lecturer, Psychiatric-Mental Health Assessment, presented at University College of Dublin, Dublin, Ireland, (2009).
- Presenter, “Diabetes & Depression in Hispanics at a Community Health Center,” The 10th Annual Interdisciplinary Research Conference, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, (2009).
- Presenter, “The Role of the Nurse and Nurse Practitioners in Diabetic Care,” Second Annual Interprofessional Education Panel: Diabetes Prevention & Management and The Health Professionals Involved. (2012).
- Presenter, “Diabetes & Depression in Hispanics at a Community Health Center", The International Home Care Nurses Organization Inaugural Conference, Case Western Reserve University, Bolton School of Nursing (2013).
- Presenter, “Type 2 Diabetes & Vascular Dementia: Assessment & Clinical Strategies of Care.” The International Home Care Nurses Organization Inaugural Conference, Case Western Reserve University, Bolton School of Nursing (2013).
American Nurses Association
Member, 9/84-5/90; 7/2011-Present
New York State Nurses Association
Council on Nursing Practice: Complementary Therapies,
Alumni Association, New York University
Recording Secretary, 1984-1986
Kappa Delta Pi, Teacher’s College, Columbia University
Inducted in 1989
Beth Israel Medical Center, Nursing Research Committee
Chairperson, Research Day Committee, 3/91-6/96
Jacob Perlow Hospice, Beth Israel Medical Center, Community Advisory Board
Quality Improvement Sub-committee, 3/01-9/04
Hospice & Palliative Nurses’ Association
Sigma Theta Tau, Upsilon Chapter, New York University
Eligibility Committee, 1984-1985
Vice President, 1991-1994
Region 5, Programs Coordinator, 1996-1997
International Society of Psychiatric Consultation Liaison Nurses,
American Journal of Nursing Company,
Editorial Advisory Board, 1/95-9/99
Complementary Therapies in Nursing & Midwifery,
International Advisory Board, 2/96-12/98
Society of Rogerian Scholars
Vice President, 6/97-8/98
Vice President, 6/99-9/00
American Holistic Nurses’ Association
Committee for Practice Standards, 6/00-6/01
Nurse Practitioners of New York
Board of Directors, 2009-2012
National League for Nursing, New York, N.Y.
National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty
Peer Reviewer of Abstracts, 40th Annual Conference 2014
Eastern Nursing Research Society
American Psychiatric Nurses Association
Addictions Council, 10/2013-Present
Association of Community Health Nursing Educators