Associate Professor of Marketing
B.A., IHEC Carthage (Tunisia)M.S., Ph.D., HEC Montréal (Canada)
Dr. Naoual (Nawel) Amrouche is Associate Professor of Marketing at Long Island University’s Brooklyn Campus in New York. She obtained a Bachelor degree in International Trade at IHEC Carthage (Tunisia), and a Master of Sciences degree and a Ph.D. in Marketing at HEC Montréal (Canada). She was recipient of the 2006 Esdras Minville Award for best publication at HEC Montréal.
Her research specialty focuses on competition between national and private brands, distribution channels, retailing and application of game theory. She is also working on other research areas such as dual channels, online shopping, and social media. She has presented at various conferences including Marketing Science (INFORMS), the Behavioral Pricing Conference and Optimization Days.
She is affiliated with the Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO). She is also a member of the Journal of Service Research Review Board. The journal is related to The Institute for International Management & Technology (IIMT), which is the leading management institute in Delhi-NCR and is considered to be one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in India.
She is ad-hoc reviewer at many academic journals including European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Economic Modelling, European Journal of Marketing, Electronic Commerce Research, Journal of Tourism Research & Hospitality, and Journal of Business Research.
National and Private Brands Competition, Distribution Channels, Application of Game Theory, Marketing Models, Marketing Research, Digital Marketing, Social Media.
- Co-author, "Measuring Economic Efficiency in the Motion Picture Industry: a Data Envelopment Analysis Approach", published in Customer Needs and Solutions (2016)
- Co-author, "A Manufacturer Distribution Issue: How to Manage an Online and a Traditional Retailer", published in Annals of Operations Research
- Co-author, "Aggressive or Partnership Strategy: Which Choice is Better for the National Brand?", published in International Journal of Production Economics (2015)
- Author, "Research Framework for Social Media in the Context of Private Labels", published in Springer Proceedings in Business and Economics - National Brands and Private Labels in Retailing - First International Symposium NB&PL, Barcelona (2014)
- Co-author, "Branding Decisions for Retailers' Private Labels", published in Journal of Marketing Channels (2014)
- Co-author, "Misconceptions and Realities of the 2011 Tunisian Election", published in PS: Political Science & Politics (2013)
- Co-author, "Can a Weak Retailer Benefit from Manufacturer-Dominant Retailer Alliance?", published in Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services (2012)
- Co-author, "Implementing Online Store for National Brand Competing Against Private Label", published in Journal of Business Research (2012)
- Co-author, "Product Distribution and Coordination Strategies in a Multi-Channel Context", published in Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services (2011)
- Co-author, "Shelf Space-Dependent Incentive when Manufacturer and Retailer's Brands Compete", published in Operation Research Spectrum (2009)
- Co-author, "Pricing and Advertising of Private and National Brands in a Dynamic Marketing Channel", published in the Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications (2008)
- Co-author, "Feedback Stackelberg Equilibrium Strategies when the Private Label Competes with the National Brand", published in Annals of Operation Research (2008)
- Co-author, "Shelf Space Allocation of National and Private Brands", published in European Journal of Operational Research (2007)
Who's Who Montclair recognition in collegiate faculty (2011-2012)
Recipient, Mosaic Coalition Award for being a Tunisian role model in USA, Wagner College (2009)
Ph.D. Phase II Grant HEC Montréal for successful completion of comprehensive exam within 4 years (2007)
Recipient, Ph.D. Grant Esdras Minville for best publication at HEC Montréal (2006)
Recipient, Ph.D. Grant of Excellence Alma LePage from HEC Montréal (2005–2006)
Ph.D. Admission Grant HEC Montréal (2005)
Recipient, Master and Ph.D. Grant of Excellence, Tunisian Government
Member, Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO)
Member, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)