Professor of Finance
B.A., Hacettepe University (Turkey)M.B.A., Drexel UniversityPh.D., Drexel University
Professor Hatice Uzun joined the School of Business, Public Administration and Information Sciences in 2002. She holds MBA and Ph.D. in finance from Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. Her research interests are in the area of corporate finance with a focus on corporate governance, corporate fraud, executive compensation, corporate bankruptcy and corporate social responsibility (CSR). Her papers appear in Financial Analyst Journal, Managerial Finance, The Journal of Risk Finance, Journal of Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance Review, International Journal of Business, The Journal of Financial and Economic Practice, and were presented at major finance conferences. She also serves as a reviewer for several academic journals including Journal of Banking and Finance, The Financial Review, Financial Analyst Journal, Journal of Financial Services Research, Managerial Finance, Asia Pacific Management Review, Journal of Financial Services Practice.
Her teaching responsibilities include financial markets and institutions, corporate finance, financial statement analysis, and security analysis.
Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Financial Markets, Corporate Governance, Capital Structure, Law and Ethics, Corporate Bankruptcy, Corporate Fraud, and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Co-author “Corporate Social Responsibility and the Cost of Debt”, published in Journal of Accounting and Finance, (2015).
- Co-author “Pay Gap, Risk –taking, and the Financial Crisis “, published in Banking and Finance Review, (2014).
- Co-author “Directors with a Full Plate: The Impact of Busy Directors on Bank Risk”, published in Managerial Finance, (2012).
- Co-author “The Effects of Option Incentives on Backdating and Earnings Management”, published in International Journal of Business, (2012)
- Co-author “Regulatory Monitoring and Impact of Ownership on Bank Risk”, published in The Journal of Financial and Economic Practice, (2010).
- Co-author “Backdating and Earnings Management”, published in the Proceedings of the Wharton School 2010 Global Conference on Corporate Governance and the Global Financial Crisis, (2010)
- Co-author “Backdating and Earnings Management”, published in the Proceedings of the Northeast Business & Economics Association, 37th Annual Meeting,(2010)
- Co-author, “Regulatory Monitoring and Impact of Ownership on Bank Risk,” published in the Proceedings of the Financial Services Institute 2008, Financial Services: Reexamining Risk (2008)
- Co-author, “Securitization and Risk: Empirical Evidence on U.S Banks,” published in The Journal of Risk Finance (2007)
- Co-author, “Governance and Performance Changes Following Accusations of Corporate Fraud,” published in the Financial Analyst Journal (2006)
- Co-author, “After Sarbanes-Oxley: Market Reaction to the Appointment of Outside Directors,” published in Corporate Ownership and Control (2006)
- Co-author, “Board Composition and Corporate Fraud,” published in the Financial Analyst Journal (2004)
- Co-author, “The Impact of Clients’ Alleged Financial Reporting Fraud on Underwriter Reputation,” published in the Proceedings of the 2004 Conference on Bank Structure and Competition, Federal Bank of Chicago (2004)
- Co-author, “An empirical Investigation of the Relationship between Corporate Fraud and Effectiveness of Internal and External Monitoring,” published in the Proceedings of the Tenth Annual of Multinational Finance Society (2003)
- Nominee, FMA Ph.D. Seminar (2003)
- Recipient, Turkish Education Program Scholarship (1994)
- Graduated Top of the Class, Haccettepe University (1992)
- Vice President, Graduate Student Association, Drexel University (2000)
- Member, Financial Management Association (FMA)
- Member, Eastern Finance Society (EFA)
- Member, Multinational Finance Society (MFS)
- Member, Southern Finance Association (SFA)
- Member, Turkish Finance Group