Who Is Eligible
In order to be eligible for benefits under the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program, a student must:
- Meet both the educational and economic guidelines established by the New York State Education Department
- Be a graduate of a high school approved and accredited by the New York State Education Department, or have New York State Equivalency Diploma, or posses an Armed Forces Equivalency Diploma. In Exceptional cases, a student may be accepted without a high school diploma
- Have potential for post-secondary program
- Be a New York State Resident for at least 12 months prior to enrollment
- Be a "first time" college student or qualified transfer student from other Arthur O. Eve H.E.O.P. Programs, College Discovery, S.E.E.K. or E.O.P Opportunity Programs
- Apply for the Federal Pell Grant Program with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Arthur O. Eve HEOP students come from diverse ethnic backgrounds, from homes with modest incomes and most are the first members of their families to graduate college. The Arthur O. Eve HEOP Program serves students who thought they could never afford or be admitted to college.
Many Arthur O. Eve HEOP graduates have entered careers in Medicine, Law, Business, Communications, Social Work, etc. The accomplishments of our students are clear. The Arthur O. Eve HEOP programs aims to help students succeed through education, to make contributions to their communities and society at large.
All Economic eligibility criteria apply to the prior year. Economic guidelines are set up according to the number of members in the household. Adjustments are made for families with two workers, and families with one-parent. Please consult the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program Department concerning special circumstances.
Economic Eligibility Chart for Students First Entering College on or After July 1st of each year.
Between July 1st, 2013 and June 30th, 2014.
|Number of members in household (including head of household)
||Total annual income in preceding calendar year|
|7 or more
||$ 65,879 Plus|
|In excess of 7 or more, add $7,437 for each member|
Arthur O. Eve HEOP grants are renewable each year depending on continued announcements of award from the State Education Department. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress, remain in a full-time regular degree seeking classifications, and demonstrate progress toward a degree.