Fall 2018 Semester: September 10 - December 20, 2018
Registration Open Until Monday, October 1
Intensive English Program and F-1 (Student) Visa Application
(NOTE: The following instructions are for international Intensive English Program students only. If you are an international student who is applying for another program at Long Island University, click here.)
Application Form I-20
F-1 Student Transfer Certification Form (for students who hold an F-1 visa and wish to transfer to the Intensive English Program from another institution)
I-20 Request Form (for students requesting an initial I-20 from LIU)
For more admissions information, click here.
1. Complete the Application for Admission for Students Requesting F-1 Visa. Please write clearly:
- Your name exactly as it appears on your passport
- Your exact birthdate (MONTH / DAY / YEAR)
- Your place of birth (COUNTRY, not the city) and your country of citizenship
- Your sponsor’s address and telephone number, if applicable
- Your signature and your sponsor’s signature.
- A phone or fax number where we can contact you in case of any difficulties.
2. Attach an original bank statement in English that shows a minimum of US$30,000.00 in your or your sponsor’s bank account. The statement must show the balance in U.S. Dollars. Please note that only bank statements from the previous 3 months will be accepted.
3. If you are applying from outside the U.S.A., please send us the completed I-20 Request Form, the Application Form for Students Requesting F-1 Visa, your sponsor’s bank statement and a non-refundable I-20 processing fee/tuition deposit of US$200. Please complete the Credit Card Authorization Form to make your payment. Credit or debit cards only, please.
4. If you are applying from inside the U.S.A., please send us the completed Application Form for Students Requesting F-1 Visa, your sponsor’s bank statement, and a non-refundable processing fee of US$200. Please complete the Credit Card Authorization Form to make your payment. Credit or debit cards only. Transfer students are also required to complete the Transfer Evaluation Form.
Please scan all documents to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students at the English Language Institute have access to all Brooklyn Campus facilities including:
Click here for Campus Life information at LIU.
LIU is located in the heart of downtown Brooklyn. Click here to see all of the amazing attractions that Brooklyn offers. From the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens to the Brooklyn Museum and Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn will never leave you bored!
English Language Institute
1 University Plaza, LLC 4th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Tel: (718) 488-1323
Saturday & Sunday: closed
Directions to Campus