The M.F.A. in Writing and Producing for Television is a highly competitive program, which seeks to recruit 20-25 students each year, who exhibit the ability to express themselves clearly and creatively in the written form. Applicants need not have a background in writing for TV or film. However, all applicants will be required to submit writing samples.
To apply to this program one must demonstrate:
- Strength in storytelling and an innate potential to write for the television medium
- Two dramatic and/or comedic scripts written for film, TV or theater. Applicants may also submit a short story, essay, novel, etc. that reflects a story telling flair to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
- All writing samples must include applicant’s name and contact information
- Two written recommendations must be included; one professional, one academic. Please include e-mail and phone number of recommenders.
- An up-to-date bio, CV, or resume.
In addition, applicants must:
- Have earned an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university.
- Complete a personal interview, which will be scheduled once the writing samples have been reviewed.
Submitting an Application for Admission
All applicants must apply for admission to LIU Brooklyn. Please apply online for the MFA in Writing and Producing for Television (WPT). For more information on the admissions process, visit the Office of Admissions Web site.