Accounting students have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of hands-on learning experiences, many leading to permanent placements.
The Department of Finance, Law, Accounting and Taxation is affiliated with a number of prestigious accounting organizations and firms that offer internships and cooperative education opportunities which provide a professional working environment for students, while helping them to establish a valuable network of contacts for future employment.
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPAs)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Financial International Executives (FEI)
- Accountants Club of America (ACA)
- Association of Women Society of CPAs (AWSCPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Koenigsberg Wolf & Co.
- Ernst & Young
- Grant Thornton
- Buchbinder Tunick & Co.
- Robert Half International
- Institute of International Education