To be admitted to this program you must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree; Accounting 501 and Taxation 716 or its equivalent; or a CPA license or J.D.
- Have a minimum 3.0 undergraduate grade-point average from an accredited institution
- Submit results of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), unless you hold a master’s degree or a J.D. from an accredited institution or hold a CPA license.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. (Foreign documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.) A Credential Evaluator’s list is available for your convenience.
- Submit official score report of the TOEFL examination if you are an applicant with degrees from foreign colleges and universities.
- Submit a written statement outlining your objectives for seeking admission into the program
- Submit a current résumé
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit an application to the Office of Admissions (see Submitting an Application for Admission)
Note: Students graduating from an approved undergraduate program in accounting or in business administration who aspire to become CPAs may reduce their professional experience requirements from two years to one year if the graduate M.S. degree taken includes one course each in economics, quantitative measurements, finance, taxation, advanced auditing, and accounting and reporting I. In consultation with an adviser, the program of study can be made to fulfill the above requirements. For those individuals who wish to sit for the New York State CPA licensing exam and who do not hold an undergraduate degree in accounting, consult with the Department chair or your adviser.
Submitting an Application For Admission
All applicants must apply for admission to LIU Brooklyn. Please apply online at My LIU or use the Apply Now link in the top navigation bar. For more information on the admissions process, visit the Office of Admissions Web site.