Faculty Bio, Grants and Publications
Evangelos Pappas, PT, PhD, OCS
Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
B.S., Technological Educational Institution (TEI), Greece
M.Sc., Quinnipiac University
Ph.D., New York University
Biomechanics, Motion Analysis, Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Prevention of Sports Injuries in Female Athletes, Sports Medicine, Sports Physical Therapy
- M. Hagins, E. Pappas: “Biomechanics of the foot and ankle” in M. Nordin, V. Frankel “Basic biomechanics of the musculoskeletal system, 4th ed”, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2012, pages 224-253.
- E Pappas, F Zampeli, S Xergia, A Georgoulis, “Lessons learned from the last 20 years of ACL-related in vivo biomechanics research of the knee joint”, Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy, in press.
- F Zampeli, E Pappas, D Giotis, M Hantes, A Georgoulis, “Kinematic predictors of subjective outcomes after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. An in-vivo motion analysis study”, Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy, in press.
- E Pappas, K Orishimo, I Kremenic, M Liederbach, M Hagins, “The effect of floor incline on lower extremity biomechanics during unilateral landing from a jump in dancers”, Journal of Applied Biomechanics, in press.
- E Pappas, WM Wong-Tom, “Prospective predictors of patellofemoral pain syndrome: a systematic review with meta-analysis”, Sports Health, 2012, 4(2), 116-120.
- G Koutras, M Letsi, P Papadopoulos, I Gigis, E Pappas, “A randomized trial of isokinetic versus isotonic rehabilitation program after arthroscopic meniscectomy”, International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, 2012, 7(1), 31-38.
- F Zampeli, A Ntoulia, D Giotis, V Tsiaras, M Argiropoulou, E Pappas, A Georgoulis, “Correlation between ACL graft obliquity and tibial rotation during dynamic pivoting activities in patients with anatomical ACL reconstruction. An in vivo examination”, Arthroscopy, 2012, 28(2), 234-246.
- E Pappas, FP Carpes, “Lower extremity kinematic asymmetry in male and female athletes performing jump-landing tasks”, Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 2012, 15(1), 87-92.
- E Pappas, I Kremenic, M Liederbach, K Orishimo, M Hagins, “Time to stability differences between male and female dancers after landing from a jump on flat and inclined floors”, Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 2011, 21(4), 325-329.
- E Pappas, B Zazulak, E Yard, T Hewett, “The epidemiology of pediatric basketball injuries presenting to US emergency departments: 2000-2006”, Sports Health, 2011, 3(4), 331-335.
- DK Spierer, M Hagins, A Rundle, E Pappas: “A comparison of energy expenditure estimates from the Actiheart and Actical physical activity monitors during low intensity activities, walking and jogging”, European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2011, 111(4), 659-667.
- E Pappas, B Zazulak, L Katz: “Enchondroma in a patient presenting with persistent thigh pain”, Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, 2010, 40(2), 121.
- RA States, Y Salem, E Pappas: “Overground gait training for chronic stroke patients: Summary of a Cochrane review”, Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy, 2009, 33, 179-186.
- RA States, E Pappas, Y Salem: “Cochrane corner: Overground physical therapy gait training for chronic stroke patients with mobility deficits”, Stroke, 2009, 40(11), e627-628.
- M Shiyko, E Pappas: “Validation of preadmission requirements in a Doctor of Physical Therapy program with a large representation of minority students”, Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 2009, 23(2), 29-36.
- K Orishimo, I Kremenic, E Pappas, M Hagins, M Liederbach: “Comparison of landing biomechanics between male and female professional dancers”, American Journal of Sports Medicine, 2009, 37(11), 2187-2193.
- RA States, E Pappas, Y Salem: “Overground physical therapy gait training for chronic stroke patients with mobility deficits”, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2009, Issue 3.
- E Pappas, M Hagins, A Sheikhzadeh, M Nordin, D Rose: “Peak biomechanical variables during bilateral drop landings do not occur in the initial phase of landing regardless of gender or fatigue”, International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, 2009, 4(2), 83-91.
- G Koutras, E Pappas, I Terzidis: “Crossover training effects of three different rehabilitation programs after arthroscopic meniscectomy”, International Journal of Sports Medicine, 2009, 30(2), 144-149
- E Pappas, M Hagins: “The effects of “raked” stages on standing posture in dancers”, Journal of Dance Medicine and Science, 2008, 12(2), 54-58.
- M Hagins, E Pappas, I Kremenic, K Orishimo, A Rundle: “The effect of an inclined landing surface on biomechanical variables during a jumping task”, Clinical Biomechanics, 2007, 22(9), 1030-1036.
- E Pappas: “Boxing-, wrestling-, and martial arts-related injuries treated in emergency departments in the United States, 2002-2005”, Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 2007, 6(Combat Sports Special Issue 2), 58-61.
- E Pappas, A Sheikhzadeh, M Hagins, M Nordin, D Rose: “Biomechanical differences between unilateral and bilateral landings from a jump: gender Differences”, Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 2007, 17(4), 263-268.
- E Pappas, A Sheikhzadeh, M Hagins, M Nordin: “The effect of gender and fatigue on the biomechanics of bilateral landings from a jump: peak values”, Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 2007, 6(1), 77-84.
- RA States, J Lucas-Findley, E Pappas, Y Salem: Protocol for “Overground physical therapy gait training for chronic stroke patients with mobility deficits”. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 3, 2006.
- RA States, E Pappas: “Precision and repeatability of the Optotrak 3020 motion measurement system”, Journal of Medical Engineering and Technology, 2006, 30(1), 11-16.