Information for Faculty Members
Faculty members at Long Island University’s Brooklyn Campus can participate in the Common Ground Service Learning Program and use it to:
- Enrich classroom discussion
- Establish connections between academic work and urban communities
- Introduce students to a network of professionals, clients and other volunteers
- Foster values of leadership and service
- Strengthen students' résumés
- Empower students to enact change
- Provide volunteers for the neediest not-for-profit agencies
- Promote a sense of civic responsibility that can endure beyond college
If you would like to incorporate service learning into a class you will be teaching, we would be happy to assist you. For more information, please contact:
Sabrina Brown, LCSW
Director of B.S.W. Field Education
Director of Common Ground Service Learning
Placement Site Database
Access to the database is available only to members of the Long Island University Brooklyn Campus community. If you are a staff member, an administrator or a faculty member, we will gladly provide you with the password and username. Please call Naterena Parham-Cofield in the Department of Social Work, 8th floor of the Humanities Building, 718-488-1025 or e-mail us at email@example.com for the password.
If you are a student, be sure to follow the instructions on the Information for Students page.
If you already have the user name and password, simply logon by clicking the link below.
Sample Introduction Assignment