To be admitted to this program you must:
- Have a master’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Submit two letters of reference, one from a field-based supervisor and one from a university professor, indicating leadership qualities.
- Submit a written statement of professional goals, assessed for leadership qualifies and communication skills.
- Possess certification as a teacher or pupil personnel service provider or in an appropriate specialty.
- Submit evidence of completion of training in child abuse identification and reporting, violence prevention, substance abuse and abduction prevention.
- Have completed three years of full-time teaching or pupil personnel experience in schools (N-12) or the equivalent.
- A completed graduate admissions application (see below).
Submitting an Application For Admission
All applicants must apply for admission to Long Island University’s Brooklyn Campus. Please apply online at My LIU or use the Apply Now link in the top navigation bar. For more information on the admissions process, visit the Office of Admissions Web site.