At LIU Brooklyn, you’ll gain experience in your field before you even graduate. Co-op, internship and fieldwork opportunities range from placements at top companies and government agencies, to the chance to conduct research or study abroad. These experiences will help you build your résumé and your professional network.
The campus also provides an array of career planning resources, including help with writing résumés and cover letters, skills assessments, mock interviews, networking nights, career fairs, job referral services and an online career management system.
Recent LIU Brooklyn internship placements include:
- Marvel Comics, Def Jam Records, Donna Karan Company
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Alliance Bernstein
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Tyra Banks’ Bankable Enterprises, Colombia Presbyterian Hospital
- The New York Stock Exchange
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Merrill Lynch
There’s no limit to what you can do with your LIU degree. Notable alumni include the developer of Prozac, the nation’s first female African-American transplant surgeon and the co-founder of Bloomberg LP.