July 21 - 25
If you are a creative, free-thinker who is unafraid to take risks, then you’re already on your way to becoming an entrepreneur. Enroll in LIU’s free Summer Honors Institute and learn to harness that attitude and turn your ideas into profits. Write a business plan, pitch ideas, build a team, and market your business as you hear from the successful entrepreneurs of ThoughtBox@LIU, our high-tech business incubator. They will share stories of perseverance and challenges, providing unique mentoring experiences designed to cultivate your entrepreneurial skills. In addition, take field trips to business offices and experience firsthand the inner workings of a startup. So, bring your ideas and drive, and we’ll help you discover the entrepreneur within you.
Throughout the week, you will:
- Meet with entrepreneurs from ThoughtBox@LIU
- Participate in a business plan design workshop
- Pitch your ideas to investors and entrepreneurs
- Develop your leadership and team-building skills
- Receive one-on-one mentorship about business plans
- Gain basic business accounting and marketing knowledge
- Visit student-run businesses located on campus
- Role-play scenarios that examine passion and ethics
- Take a field trip to the DUMBO incubator in New York City and the high-tech hub in Huntington, N.Y.
- Hear from keynote speakers who have turned their entrepreneurial ideas into successful businesses.
- Compete in a business plan competition.