About Us >
Campus History >
Previous | Next
1954: The original C.W. Post College sign at the main gate.
November 29, 1954: Marjorie Merriweather Post and her daughters Eleanor, Dina and Adelaide unveil the portrait of C.W. Post in the Great Hall during the dedication of C.W. Post College.
1957: Two co-eds cross the stream behind College Hall, today known as Mullarkey Hall
June 1958: The first graduates of C.W. Post College.
August 16, 1955: Harvard student Rya Wieckert nails a horseshoe to the women’s lounge to wish good luck to the nation’s newest college. At left, Director of Admissions Jean Glidden.
1958: Long Island University President Richard L. Conolly points to the site for the new cafeteria (today the bookstore). From left: R. Gordon Hoxie, dean, Alfred C. Shaknis, architect.
First C.W. Post football team, 1956-1957.
Circa 1962: Conolly Gymnasium. Today, the Patsy and Al Kahn Discovery Center.