- All conference groups must use the LIU Post Caterer (Aramark Services) as we have an exclusive contract with this dining services company.
- All external conference groups must obtain insurance coverage and list LIU Post as “additionally insured” in regards to coverage.
- All external conference groups will work with a Conference Services professional staff member who will negotiate and create a contract for the conference group.
- Space is reserved on a first come, first serve basis.
- Changes to orders must be made at least 3 business days prior to event.
RESIDENCE HALL POLICIES
- At no time are attendees under the age of 18 to be without staff supervision.
- Except for emergency, all entry and exiting of the residence halls must take place only through the front door of the residence hall. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES may exterior and/or emergency exit doors be PROPPED open. Propping of exterior and/or emergency exit doors, and/or entry or exiting of the residence halls via a propped or emergency exit door, is strictly prohibited and will constitute a material breach of the license agreement, for which the Licensee will receive a written warning letter. Any subsequent violation of these rules will result in termination of the license.
- All food deliveries to the residence halls will be made to and picked up from the front desk. The delivery person must be met at the front desk
- No signs, banners, flags, etc. may be hung from the residence halls without permission from the Office of Conference Services. The Office of Conference Services will determine the exact location where any items will be hung.
The following are prohibited:
- Alcoholic beverages, except by those of legal drinking age, in designated areas.
- Firearms, explosives or any type of weapon(s), including air guns, bb guns, martial arts weapons, fireworks and mace.
- Illegal drugs, narcotics, and other controlled substances and their paraphernalia as defined by Federal, State, or Local Law.
- Animals in and around the residence halls.
- Candles, incense, and other flame-emitting devices in and around the residence halls.
- Gambling of any type.
- Removal of lounge furniture from designated areas.
- Throwing anything from windows or balconies.
- Littering or damaging of any area or equipment.
- Sports activities in hallways and indoor areas.
- Entering into restricted areas or climbing through windows or onto ledges, parapets, or walls or rooftops of buildings.
- Propping an exterior and /or emergency-exit door.
- Entry into a Residence Hall via a propped or locked door, or through a window.
- Conduct that intimidates, threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person. The threat of violence to any person, fighting, battery, verbal assault.
- Cooking in residence hall rooms or other unauthorized areas.
- Failure to comply with a reasonable request of any University official in the performance of their duties.
- All occupants must immediately evacuate the building upon the sounding of the fire alarm. And may not re-enter the building until it is re-opened by a University Official.
- The tampering with fire safety equipment is prohibited this includes but is not limited to the following violations outlined below:
- The false report of fire, pulling or tampering with a fire alarm pull- station when no fire is present.
- Tampering with a smoke detector.
- Causing a smoke detector to sound when no fire is present.
- Intentionally or unintentionally causing smoke or a fire including burning candles or incense.
- Accidental or intentional misuse of fire safety equipment including but not limited to fire hoses, fire extinguishers, sprinklers, exit signs, pull- stations, fire alarm bells and smoke detectors.
FILM, PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO REQUESTS
If you are a credentialed member of the media, please contact the Public Relations Office at 516-299-2333.
Procedures and Guidelines for Commercial or other Non-University Videotaping, Filming or Photography at LIU Post.
LIU Post’s permission is required to videotape, film or photograph on LIU Post property. The university will consider reasonable requests for news-related, non-commercial shooting, but reserves the right to deny permission for any reason. Video-taping, filming, commercial photography or professional wedding photography is prohibited without permission. Permission is rarely granted.
Exploitation of the LIU Post name is prohibited.
This includes any implied endorsement by LIU Post and appearance of the name “LIU Post” unless given permission. It is also prohibited to photograph and/or film any of our signature buildings that are recognizable as LIU Post including our historic buildings. (for more information, see the web page describing name use, seal or logo request)
- Indoor shoots are prohibited without permission.
Indoor shoots are deemed inherently disruptive of the functions of the university.
LIU Post reserves the right to deny permission for any reason, including, but not limited to the following:
Potential disruption of the campus academic, research, business or student activities; damage to or alteration of, university property; disruption of traffic or parking; or potential safety hazards.
Requests for filming or photography must be made in writing at least ten working days before proposed shooting, and staff members are not available to help scout locations.