Preliminary Emancipation Proclamation Exhibition
Monday, October 15, 2012
12:30 to 1:25 p.m., Hillwood Commons Lecture Hall, LIU Post
Public invited. Free admission.
- Master of Ceremonies – Dr. Paul Forestell, Provost, LIU Post
- Honor Guard – 67th New York Regiment
- Welcome – Dr. David J. Steinberg, President, LIU
- Remarks – Dr. John B. King, Jr., Commissioner of Education of the State of New York
- Musical Performance – Harris Becker, guitarist, and Barbara Fusco, soloist, LIU Post Department of Music
- Remarks – Andrew Jackson, Executive Director, Langston Hughes Library – Remarks: "America's Slaves and The Emancipation Proclamation: A Mind Revolution."
- Musical Performance – Terry Cook, bassist
- Closing Remarks – Dr. Paul Forestell