Associate Professor of Management
B.S., Tsinghua University, Beijing, ChinaM.S., Tsinghua University, Beijing, ChinaPh.D., Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Dr. Wang is Associate Professor of Management at LIU Post. He teaches courses in the area of quantitative analysis and operations. Dr. Wang received his Ph.D. in management science and engineering from Tsinghua University in Beijing, China in 2000. He completed postdoctoral work in operations management at the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management in the University of Toronto and joined the Department of Management at LIU Post in 2002. He has also earned MCSE and MCSD certificates from Microsoft.
Dr. Wang’s research activities focus on facility location, decision analysis, logistics and service operations. His research publications have appeared in Operations Research, IIE Transactions, Annals of Operations Research, European Journal of Operational Research and Networks. Dr. Wang is a founding member of the Center for Supply Chain Leadership at the LIU Post College of Management.
Facility Location, Service Operations, Decision Analysis
- Author, “Robust Optimization Analysis for Multiple Attribute Decision Making Problems with Imprecise Information,” published in Annals of Operations Research.
- Author, “The b-Reliable Minimax and Maximin Location Problems on a Network with Probabilistic Weights,” published in Networks.
- Author, “An Optimal Deterministic Control Policy of Servers in Front and Back Rooms with a Variable Number of Switching Points and Switching Costs,” published in Science in China F: Information Science.
- Author, “The b-Reliable Median on a Network with Discrete Probabilistic Demand Weights,” published in Operations Research.
- Coauthor, articles in IIE Transactions, Annals of Operations Research, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Computers & Operations Research, International Journal of Production Research, European Journal of Operational Research, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, Networks, Journal of the Operational Research Society, INFOR, International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, and “Foundations of Location Analysis”.
Recipient, Outstanding Faculty Scholarship Award, College of Management at LIU Post, 2008
Member, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
Member, Center for Supply Chain Leadership at the College of Management of LIU Post