What Are The Requirements?
- Have successfully completed high school or its equivalent
- Education: 140-hour course study consisting of 5 Modules.
- 100 hours in class (Modules 1 - 4)
- 40 hours as unpaid field-based inspections (Module 5) in the presence of NYC licensed home inspector, or a professional engineer or architect regulated by NYS. Or 100 hours of performing home inspections (paid or unpaid) in the presence of and under the direct supervision of a Home Inspector licensed by NYS, or a professional engineer or architect regulated by NYS.
- Successful Completion of an Exam: Have passed the NYS written examination
- Application Fee: Each application must be accompanied by a nonrefundable application fee of $250; the license will be effective for 2 years.
- Examination Fee: $50 - for each exam taken.
For more information, visit the Department of State website.
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Individuals new to the field
- Experienced professionals who lack formal training