This is a licensure-qualifying bridge program approved by the New York State Education Department. In order to be admitted to the program, students must have a master's degree in school counseling or other related counseling degree with a minimum of 48 credits in specified core educational content areas as delineated in state regulations for mental health counselor licensure. Individuals who graduated from a program of fewer than 48 credits will be required to take additional coursework above the 15 credits to ensure meeting the state requirement of a minimum of 60 graduate credits. Upon application candidates will have their transcript(s) reviewed by the department to ascertain the needed number of graduate credits required for the advanced certificate.
Applicants to the Advanced Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Applicants must have graduated in good standing with an M.S. in School Counseling or related counseling degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum of 48 credits in specified core educational content areas as required by New York State mental health counselor licensure. Applicants with a master's degree in school counseling, or other related counseling degree of less than 48 credits will be required to take additional coursework beyond the 15 credits to earn the advanced certificate.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- Applicants must show evidence of good character; e.g. no ethical misconduct or legal history that would adversely impact professional conduct
- The Department of Counseling and Development reserves the right to require a departmental interview with a faculty member if warranted after completion of the departmental review of the applicant's graduate transcript.
Send application materials to:
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805