Applicants to the Master of Science in Music Education must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Have an undergraduate major in music or music education or must have a minimum of 36 credits in music classes
- Bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in undergraduate studies or successful completion of another master’s degree.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study
- Appear before a faculty member or panel, either individually or as a participant in a group situation, for assessment of interpersonal and musicianship skills.
- Submit a current résumé including your e-mail address.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021