- Students must maintain a 2.5 overall, 2.75 major, 2.75 EDI* G.P.A.
- Students who receive a grade of C minus (C-) or below in any MUS course must repeat the course and pass with a grade of C or better.
- At the end of the sophomore year, all music majors must successfully complete the Junior Competency Exam in Music Theory and Music History.
- Students are required to complete the Sophomore Review, a demonstration of musicianship and teaching skills, which serves as the final examination in MUS 18A (Musicianship for Music Teachers).
- Students are required to complete the Student Teaching Eligibility Portfolio Review and Interview process during the semester prior to student teaching and the Exit Portfolio during the student teaching semester.
- All music majors must participate every semester in at least one major performing ensemble: Chorus, Orchestra or Symphonic Band.
- All music majors must attend our Department’s by-weekly Convocations.
- Students are required to participate in the Rompertunessm Early Childhood Music Teaching and Learning Partnership Program; an off-campus, guided teaching experience aligned with MUS17A, “Elementary General Music Methods.”
- At the end of each semester of applied study you will perform a jury on your instrument/voice for a panel of professors from the area in which you are studying.
- For students in the B.M. in Music Education, a full senior recital must be performed. Complete recital guidelines will be supplied.
*EDI are School of Education courses.