Apply to LIU Post at My LIU. Applicants to graduate programs at LIU Post must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Applicants must provide undergraduate transcripts, personal statement and $40 application fee. For more information on the application process, visit the Office of Graduate Admissions.
A candidate for admission must submit his or her credentials to the Graduate Admissions Office for review by the Biology Graduate Committee, which may, subsequently, require a personal interview. The applicant should have completed at the undergraduate level: six semesters of biology; one year of college calculus; one year of general chemistry, one year of organic chemistry; and one year of college physics. A candidate whose credentials satisfy all of the above requirements as well as university admissions requirements may be accepted as a fully matriculated student.
A student may be accepted on a limited matriculant basis if his or her credentials are deficient in not more than two areas. Limited matriculants may apply for full matriculant status after removal of all deficiencies. Deficiencies must be removed during the first year of graduate study. Courses taken to remove academic deficiencies must be passed with a grade of C- or better and will not be credited toward degree requirements. Courses may also be taken on a nonmatriculant basis. A non-matriculant may apply for matriculant status after he or she completes at least 12, but no more than 18, graduate biology credits provided that his or her cumulative grade point average is 3.00 or better. At least half of these credits must be from among the foundation courses listed below. Undergraduate coursework taken to fulfill a deficiency after the student has completed the bachelor’s degree must be passed with a grade of C- or better.
Applicants to the M.S. in Biology must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $40 (non-refundable)
- Official undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Students who do not meet these requirements are welcome to discuss their options for admission with the graduate advisor, Dr. Scott Santagata (516-299-3029; email@example.com)
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805