Additional Required Software
ArcGIS Student/Educational License
If you do not already have access to Esri's ArcGIS software, you are expected to obtain a student/educational license from Esri and have it installed on your PC before the "orientation week" for GIS 501. Mac users must implement solutions such as dual boot devices or a virtual machine.
The student license is for ArcGIS at the ArcInfo license level and includes all extensions. It is good for one year, and must be purchased by the student directly from Esri. The cost of the license is $100.
Steps to obtain the student/educational license.
- Register for GIS 501.
- Once you are registered, display your student schedule at my.liu.edu.
- Take a screenshot of the schedule and save as an image, which must include:
- School Name
- Student Name
- Current Term
- Number of credits for which you are enrolled
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Phone number
- Screenshot of student course schedule
Esri will contact you directly via telephone for payment information. You will then be provided information by Esri on how to download and install the software from their customer's website.