Upon completion of the Advanced Certificate in Mobile GIS Applications Development program, students will have:
• An understanding of how geospatial data is unique, and how it can be analyzed and visualized in mobile applications.
• An understanding of the basic concepts critical to object-oriented programming.
• An understanding of database structures and methods by which the data can be accessed.
• An understanding of application programming interfaces and the use of libraries.
• The skills and understanding to use Objective-C to create geospatial applications for devices using iOS, such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
• The skills and understanding to use the Java Virtual Machine to create geospatial applications for devices using the Android operating system, such as Android-based smartphones and tablets.
• The skills and understandings to use server technology and web mapping applications to work in concert with mobile GIS applications.