Applicants to the Master of Arts in English must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $40 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Applicants must have achieved at least a 3.0 overall grade point average or equivalent in a bachelor’s program. Students who do not meet this requirement are welcome to discuss their options for admissions with the graduate advisor.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study
- Academic writing sample
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805