Applicants to the Master of Arts in History must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in undergraduate work. A student whose undergraduate major was not history must have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average and a cumulative 3.0 average in any undergraduate history courses he or she may have taken. Students who lack sufficient undergraduate preparation should expect to make up deficiencies by taking up to 24 credits of undergraduate coursework in history, the credits for which will not be applied toward the Master of Arts degree requirements.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021