B.S. in Applied Mathematics with Computer Science
From tracking the behavior of markets to calculating the proper dose of a life-saving medication, mathematics is a powerful tool for understanding and controlling the world around us. Earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics with Computer Science will prepare you for a rewarding career in fields such as law, medicine, banking, engineering, insurance, technology, manufacturing and education.
This 129-credit degree program offers a comprehensive introduction to applied mathematics in a technology-driven society, from the fundamentals of calculus and analytic geometry to the foundations of statistical analysis to graphical user interface programming and object-oriented programming techniques. With personalized instruction in small classes, students receive extraordinary support from accomplished professors who hold doctoral degrees from top-rated universities and whose expertise extends across a broad range of mathematics fields.
- To teach the practical application of mathematics for use in all professions
- To graduate students who are thoroughly prepared for advanced study at the master’s and doctoral levels
- To provide a supportive learning environment focused on individual talents, interests and needs
Qualities That Set Our Program Apart
- Caring professors with expertise in a wide variety of mathematics disciplines and specialties
- Outstanding student support, including free tutoring service by graduate and upper-division undergraduate students in the Mathematics Tutoring Lab.
- Specialized preparation for actuarial exams and an active chapter of the mathematics honor society Kappa Mu Epsilon
- Career advice and internship opportunities on Long Island and in New York City