The College of Management Business Program has established the following criteria as the most critical in the evaluation of candidates for graduate study:
- Scholastic achievement and a desire to excel as evidenced by previous academic work.
- Aptitude for graduate study as indicated by scores on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).
- Motivation, leadership potential and maturity as evidenced by prior work experience and extracurricular activities.
Applicants to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) must submit the following items for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75 from an accredited college or university. Students who do not meet these requirements are welcome to discuss their options for admission with the graduate advisor. No specific undergraduate major is required for application. Applicants who are in their senior year at an undergraduate institution may apply for admission to the College of Management, but acceptance will be made contingent upon submission of final grades and receipt of the bachelor’s degree. Applicants who have attended institutions outside the United States must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- The following standardized tests may be used for admission into the MBA program: GMAT, GRE, and LSAT. The minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score of 400 is required for full admission. A higher score is needed if the overall undergraduate GPA is between 2.5-2.7499. The GRE Exam is accepted if taken using the 130-170 scale (August 2011 to present) with a minimum GMAT equivalent score of 400. The GRE-GMAT Conversion Table may be found at www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool. A LSAT Exam taken within the past five (5) years with minimum score of 141 is also accepted. Prospective students are exempt from standardized testing if they meet the following criteria: hold a CPA license, or either a JD, doctorate, or a Master’s degree in (most) Engineering concentrations.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation on company letterhead that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- A current résumé.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 85 Internet-based (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 7.0.
Students who have not reached the standardized test qualification are invited to enroll in the Personal Enrichment Program as non-matriculated students and may enroll for a maximum of two (2) 500-level MBA core courses. The student is expected to successfully pass the one of the standardized tests listed no later than the completion of the second course in order to continue their MBA program.