Students will need Internet access and a PC computer or a Macintosh with the latest version of a web browser. For Adobe Connect meetings students will need a headset with microphone.
- Operating system: Windows XP or Windows 7 is required; (Note: Mac OS X in not supported)
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM or greater
- Internet connection: Broadband (cable or DSL) connection is required. Dial-up access will not be sufficient
- Browser: Firefox
- Plug Ins: Adobe Reader; QuickTime; Windows Media Player; Adobe Flash Player
The learning management system utilized is Blackboard which can be accessed anywhere you have Internet access. The following guidelines will make your experience much more productive:
- Firefox Web browser is the recommended browser for Blackboard.
- Be sure your computer has the latest Flash player installed. Flash enables videos from YouTube and other sources to be played within Blackboard.
- Sometimes wireless connections can be slow; if you encounter problems, it is best to switch to a hardwired connection.
Course access for Blackboard is available to registered students at http://blackboard.liu.edu. Support is available at http://csi.liu.edu/ or by contacting the Office of Information Technology at 516-299-3967.