Applicants to the Advanced Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner program must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Possess a current New York State Registered Nurse license
- One year of clinical experience preferred
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended
- Possess a master's degree in nursing (with a minimum 3.0 GPA) from an accredited school of nursing
- Prerequisite coursework in advanced physiology and pathophysiology and advanced health assessment. This coursework may also be completed at LIU Post.
- Qualified candidates may transfer from 3 to 11 credits for advanced standing in the program through the presentation of acceptable courses from an accredited school of nursing taken within the last five years (provided a “B” grade or better was received in the course).
- A personal interview with faculty
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation (one letter must be from a practicing nurse practitioner or physician) that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- International students are also required to achieve a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 85 Internet-based (a minimum listening score of 22 is also required); 225 Computer-based; or 563 Paper-based. IELTS of 7.5 or above is also acceptable.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021