Applicants to the M.S. in Family Nurse Practitioner must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Possess a current New York State Registered Nurse license
- One year preferred with recent experience in a clinical area requiring acute care skills, i.e., family medicine or internal medicine office, community clinics, home care, hospital setting (med/surg or specialty floor) or specialty office practice.
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing required.
- A personal interview with the Director of the Family NP Program or their designate.
- There are three required undergraduate courses for admission into the Family Nurse Practitioner program: Health Assessment, Research, and Statistics (minimum of 3 credits each).
- A minimum of two letters of reference is required. These reference letters must be from an Adult or Family NP, MD, or DO. Reference letters need to be written on letterhead indicating phone and fax numbers and the letter needs to be signed by the individual providing the reference. Letters from other individuals will be accepted, but they will not fulfill the requirement if the applicant does not have two letters from professional listed above.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Each applicant will receive a reflection questionnaire, which they will complete and submit prior to their interview.
- Each applicant will provide a copy of their resume or CV prior to their interview.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- International students are also required to achieve a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 85 Internet-based (a minimum listening score of 22 is also required); 225 Computer-based; or 563 Paper-based. IELTS of 7.5 or above is also acceptable.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021