Applicants to the M.S. in Family Nurse Practitioner must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Possess a current New York State Registered Nurse license
- One year of clinical experience preferred
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Applicants with non-nursing Bachelor’s degrees will be considered.
- Prior undergraduate coursework, or the equivalent, in Health Assessment and Statistics. Applicants who do not meet this requirement may still be admitted into the program as limited matriculants until appropriate coursework is completed. This must be done prior to the Spring semester of the second year of study.
- A personal interview with faculty
- There are two required courses for the master’s program. The Department of Nursing recommends an undergraduate research course or workshop prior to taking the graduate research course. In addition, an undergraduate health assessment course or workshop is required prior to taking the graduate advanced health assessment course.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation (one letter must be from a practicing nurse practitioner or physician) that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program. Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- International students are also required to achieve a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 85 Internet-based (a minimum listening score of 22 is also required); 225 Computer-based; or 563 Paper-based. IELTS of 7.5 or above is also acceptable.
Send application materials to:
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805