Submitting an Application for Admission
The deadline for applying for the Dietetic Internship is February 15 for Fall entry.
To apply for admission, please follow these steps:
1. Dietetic Internship Application
Applicant must complete a Dietetic Internship application from the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). Visit portal.dicas.org to complete the application. Application will be available after December 8 for the February 15 deadline. There will be a $40 fee for the first application and $20 for each additional dietetic internship application.
The following information will also be part of DICAS:
- Official Undergraduate transcripts for proof of baccalaureate degree or master’s degree and Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements. Applicants who will have not completed their degrees prior to admission deadlines should submit a transcript without the final semester's grades. Such applicants may be accepted pending receipt of their final degree noted transcripts. Submit one copy of official transcripts from all other institutions attended, including other graduate programs
- International applicants must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5. The Dietetic Internship also requires a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES-) approved evaluation (e.g., WES) for all international applicants. You may contact NACES at www.naces.org.
- Three letters of recommendation (preferably two from student's undergraduate or graduate nutrition program, and one from a work employer)
- One copy of Declaration of Intent to complete the degree and minimal Academic Requirements or one copy of the Verification Statement
- Personal statement
- 3.0 GPA
2. Computer Matching Process
Complete the computer matching process with D & D Digital online at www.dnddigital.com/ ($50 fee).
3. LIU Online Application for Admission
Applicants must complete the LIU Online application. The application can be obtained by clicking https://apply.liu.edu/quickapp/ or selecting the Apply Now button in the upper right-hand corner of this page. You can also request that a graduate application be mailed to you by calling 516-299-2900 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the field “Campus,” select “LIU Post”
- For the field “I’ll be entering as,” select "Graduate” or “International Graduate” as appropriate
- For the field “I’ll be starting my studies,” select “Fall “
- For the field “Intended major,” select “Dietetics (DI Internship) CAS
- When you reach the payment section of the application, use fee waiver code DICASF15
- It is not necessary to send credentials to the Graduate Admissions Office at the LIU Post. All credentials will be forwarded to the LIU Post by the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS).