Applicants to the Master of Science in Nutrition must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Long Island University Application for Admission
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any accredited college(s) or universities you have attended. Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in major courses.
- Applicants for admission must have completed the following courses at the undergraduate level: one (1) year of biology (to include Anatomy and Physiology) and four (4) semesters or a total of 16 credits in chemistry (to include General/Inorganic, Organic and Biochemistry). In addition, students who have not completed an undergraduate major in nutrition must complete the following undergraduate courses or the equivalent as prerequisites to the M.S. program:
NTR 100 Concepts in Nutrition
NTR 101 Contemporary Nutrition Strategies
NTR 211 Medical Nutrition Therapy I
NTR 212 Medical Nutrition Therapy II
- Students who meet the standards for admission (including a 2.75 grade point average (GPA) in their major) may be matriculated upon admission to the program. Other students, after fulfilling admission and undergraduate requirements and completing 12 graduate credits with an average of "B" or better, may apply through the academic advisor to the Graduate Admissions Office for matriculation status. No more that 12 graduate credits may be taken by limited matriculated students.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study
Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Ste. 102
Canton, MA 02021