The overall goal of the B.S./M.S. in Nutrition program is to provide students with a comprehensive, rigorous accelerated academic core of knowledge, professional skills and competencies required to enhance their professional qualifications as experts in their chosen fields. We are committed to preparing advanced level nutrition practitioners who demonstrate positive personal and professional characteristics and who are able to assume positions of leadership and service in a variety of institutions and settings. This program provides students with the necessary courses required by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to apply for a Dietetic Internship.
Graduates of the B.S./M.S. program will be able to:
- Develop competency in a specific area of nutrition such as clinical nutrition, nutrition and exercise, or geriatrics;
- Develop abilities to describe, analyze and critically evaluate current issues in nutrition;
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of nutrient function based on a background of biochemistry;
- Demonstrate proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Develop the quantitative and methodological knowledge necessary to interpret nutrition research.