Applicants to the 15-credit Advanced Certificate in Forensic Social Work must meet the following requirements for admission.
Applicants must have graduated in good standing from a Council on Social Work Education accredited Master of Social Work Program. In addition, they must show evidence of good character; e.g. no ethical misconduct or legal history that would adversely impact professional conduct. Students already enrolled in the LIU graduate social work program who are the taking the forensic social work concentration may take the additional introductory course in forensic science to earn the certificate along with the MSW degree.
Applicants who already possess either an LMSW or LCSW license should provide a copy of their license along with other required credentials. Master of Social Work Graduates who have completed their degree but are not yet licensed should submit a copy of the degree noted transcript.
Applicants with graduate degrees in related disciplines will be considered for admission on a case by case basis. Please call the Social Work Department at 516 299-3924 for additional information.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $40 (non-refundable).
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Applicants must have graduated in good standing from a Council on Social Work Education-accredited Master of Social Work Program.
- One professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant's potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- Applicants must show evidence of good character; e.g. no ethical misconduct or legal history that would adversely impact professional conduct
Send application materials to:
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805