- Freshmen must have a minimum high school average of 80 and must be ranked in the upper half of their class.
- Transfer students must have completed more than 24 college credits. A minimum college G.P.A. of 2.5 is required for application review. Those who completed fewer than 24 credits must also submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
- Students not meeting the required academic standards may be admitted with special permission of the program director.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better in the major to retain standing in the program.
- Students must take the following Prerequisites: PSY 1, 2; SOC 1; BIO 1; ECO 11; PHL 13.
- While completing the required core courses (liberal art requirements) and pre-requisite courses, students must also take SWK 1 & 50. Those who transfer into the program as Juniors can take the above listed courses in the Fall semester of the Junior year.
- To be formally admitted to the field, and advance in the major, students are required to go through an academic performance review process at the end of the fall semester of the Junior year. This process entails both an essay and an interview. A faculty committee evaluates students’ academic and behavioral readiness to assume the important responsibility of field work. Field admission is conditioned upon: completion of all prerequisites and completion of the following SWK courses (SWK 1, SWK 50, SWK 60, SWK 70, and SWK 79); a GPA of 2.75 in Social Work courses; and a 2.5 overall GPA.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
All applicants can apply for admission to LIU Post at My LIU or by using the Apply Now button in the upper right-hand corner of this page. For more information on the application process, visit the Admissions Office home page.