Applicants to the Master of Arts in Music History and Literature must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable).
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Have an undergraduate major in music or must have a minimum of 36 credits in music classes
- Bachelor's degree with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in undergraduate studies or successful completion of another master's degree. Applicants who do not meet this academic requirement will be reviewed individually by the program director. Based on a review of all credentials, students may be offered limited matriculation status.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant's potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program
- Personal Statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study
- Submit a current résumé
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum acceptable TOEFL score is: 79 Internet-based (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or minimum IELTS score: 6.5.
Send application materials to:
Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 805
Randolph, MA 02368-0805