Auditions For Admissions
An audition is required for those candidates pursuing the M.A. in Music with a Concentration in Performance.
The next Department Audition Days are:
- Saturday, January 10, 2015
- Saturday, January 31, 2015
- Saturday, February 28, 2015
Alternate dates by appointment. Call 516-299-2475 or contact us through e-mail at email@example.com.
Auditions will be held in the LIU Post Fine Arts Center. Here are directions to the campus and a campus map.
You can register to audition by completing the online Audition Registration Form.
You can also register by phone at 516-299-2475 or by mailing this printable version (PDF file) of the registration form.
Professional attire is expected.
- Two pieces of contrasting styles. These could be two complete pieces or individual movements from two different works.
Percussionists: Audition repertoire should include: (1) advanced snare drum solo; (2) two-mallet keyboard piece (marimba, xylophone, or vibraphone); (3) two-drum timpani piece
- Two pieces of contrasting styles. One selection must be in a language other than English. The other classical selection may be in English if desired.
- Exploration of vocal range and aural abilities.
- An accompanist will be provided if you require one, or you may bring your own accompanist if you wish.