Spend A Day With A Music Major
Experience college life as a music major
Whether you are an instrumentalist or a vocalist, shadowing an LIU Post music student is truly the best way to experience the professional yet compassionate atmosphere that sets us apart.
- Attend classes and interact with music faculty
- Enjoy lunch with music students and tour the campus
- Participate in performing ensemble rehearsals
- Take or observe a music lesson with a faculty member
Plan your visit
You will be paired with a current music student who shares your voice or instrument type and intended program of study. You will shadow your escort in his or her classes, lessons, and ensemble rehearsals.
- Monday: Strings, Vocal Jazz and Music Education
- Tuesday/Thursday: Voice, Percussion, Guitar, Brass, Woodwind, Piano, Music History and Music Theory
- Friday: Jazz and Music Education
||Music theory or ensemble rehearsal
||Sight-singing or conducting
||Lunch, music organization meeting or noontime concert
||Music history or lunch
||Lesson, lunch, or ensemble rehearsal
||Lesson or ensemble rehearsal
For more information or to register
If you would like to Spend a Day with a Music Major or would like more information, please complete this on-line form. To register to spend a day contact the Department of Music office at 516-299-2475 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.