Contact Us

Financial Aid

Study Abroad ProgramStudents who study abroad through a Long Island University affiliated program are entitled to their university aid and scholarships. Billing is done through the Bursar’s office.

Students attending a non-affiliated program may use the federal aid or outside scholarships, but not Long Island University aid.

In both cases, a copy of the Study Abroad Authorization form is given to the Financial Assistance Office. Students may then contact the office regarding their available aid.

There are a wide variety of scholarships available for study abroad. The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is just one of many. To qualify for a Gilman scholarship students must be a U.S. citizen and be receiving the Federal Pell Grant at the time of the application.  

Scholarship Search Engine

IIE Passport: Study Abroad Funding - Search for funding by country or subject: