All registrations for the 2012-2013 school year (including fall, spring and full year courses) must be submitted online by September 30, 2012.
Tuition for the 2012-2013 school year will be $135/credit ($405 for a 3 credit course, $540 for a 4 credit course).
There is a one-time, non-refundable, $40 application fee for new S.C.A.L.E. students. Checks should be made payable to Long Island University.
1. Go to https://apply.liu.edu/hs
2. Select your high school.
3. Choose whether or not you have previously created a S.C.A.L.E. application.
New Students – Create your student account. Be sure to use a valid email address and a password you will remember.
Continuing Students –proceed to the next step.
4. Log in to your account
New Students – Fill out the S.C.A.L.E. application, including all courses you wish to take.
Continuing Students – Select "Create New S.C.A.L.E. Application," validate your information, and select the courses you wish to take.
5. "SUBMIT" THE APPLICATION only after you have reviewed the program and tuition with a parent or guardian. Once you submit your application, youwill be enrolled in the courses you have selected.
If you wish to drop a course, you may do so by submitting an official drop form available at our website (liu.edu/post/scale) by November 15 for fall and full year courses and April 15 for spring courses.
6. Print out your confirmation page. Both the student and a parent or guardian must sign this page. The confirmation page is to be submitted to the high school coordinator along with the $40 application fee for new students, by the dates specified. Checks should be made payable to Long Island University.
7. If you have any questions, please address your high school teacher or coordinator or contact us by email or phone.
USING THE MY.LIU PORTAL
When you receive your student ID number, activate your
Go to my.liu.edu. Click on "Activate My Account." Create a password.
After activation you will be assigned a username. Usually this will be
"FirstName [dot] LastName"