July 12 - 17
If you are a creative, free-thinker who is unafraid to take risks, then you’re already on your way to becoming an entrepreneur. Enroll in LIU’s Summer Honors Institute and learn to harness that attitude and turn your ideas into profits. Write a business plan, pitch ideas, build a team, and market your business as you work in our high-tech business incubator. You’ll also have the chance to tour our student-run businesses, where LIU students learn how to operate and manage detailed operations. So, bring your ideas and drive, and we’ll help you discover the entrepreneur within you.
- Participate in a business plan design workshop
- Pitch your ideas to investors and entrepreneurs
- Develop your leadership and team-building skills
- Gain basic business accounting and marketing knowledge
- Visit student-run businesses located on campus
- Take a field trip to the DUMBO incubator in New York City and the high-tech hub in Huntington, N.Y.
- Role-play scenarios that examine passion and ethics
- Compete in a business plan competition.