English Language Institute
The English Language Institute (ELI) at LIU Post offers a special program for international students who want to improve their English skills and experience life at a prestigious American university.
The ELI program provides English as a Second Language courses to non-English speakers who are seeking admission to LIU Post to pursue a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree.
LIU Post provides this service to assist you in satisfying the language requirements for undergraduate or graduate study.
Courses help you improve your English skills through lessons in language, speaking, reading and writing.
The Intensive English Program offers many advantages:
- Small, classes of 12 to 15 students taught by caring, expert teachers
- A convenient Monday through Thursday schedule with classes in writing, reading, listening, speaking, grammar and college preparation
- 20 hours per week of instruction
- State-of-the-art learning facilities and computers
- Opportunities to join LIU Post activities and clubs
Each year approximately 100 students enter bachelor’s and master's degree programs at LIU Post after graduating from the English Language Institute.